Hi again!
I don't know about any of you, but I just can't get over how quickly this summer flew by... can you believe that it's already September? I can't! This week is my last week of nannying for the two boys that I've been watching all summer. They've been really fun to watch-- we've done a lot of day trips and other activities these past three months!-- and I can't believe that next week instead of watching them, I'll be running all over town getting last minute things ready to go back to Spain!
So, the biggest thing that I have left to do really isn't anything that I can do myself. What I mean is that I'm anxiously awaiting the NYC Spanish Consulate's letter with my passport and student visa inside. At my consular appointment last month, I was told that I could expect them anytime between late August and early September. With 16 days left in the States, I'm not exactly worried yet, but I will be much more relieved when they arrive in the mail.
I'm excited to enjoy a three-day weekend for Labor Day. I'm going to see some friends over the course of the weekend and I'm looking forward to relaxing and enjoying what's left of the warm, summer weather. But come next Tuesday, I'll be very busy what with going to various appointments and completing some last-minute "travel" preparations. I've got a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment and a haircut scheduled. I've got to call my credit/debit card company and inform them of my travel plans and take a trip to AAA to renew my driver's license (it expires this November and I don't want to be running around for eight months with an expired I.D.). I've started contemplating just how I'll pack my suitcases (two suitcases and a carry-on for ten months?!?! I need a miracle! Ha!) but Lord knows I won't start packing until the night before I leave :)
Last but not least... and this is the thing that I've been purposefully procrastinating on... is figuring out how to apply for deferment on my student loans. I have two loan providers, MEFA loans and Federal Direct loans. It shouldn't be hard to defer the FDLs, but the MEFA ones will be another story. Oh well... I'll take a look at all that paperwork, etc. next week when I have more time and can sit down and (attempt to?!) understand it all.
So... I've got just about two weeks left in the States until sometime next summer! What a crazy thought! I'm very excited but now my nerves are starting to act up, too. I'm nervous about my Spanish skills after so long without real practice, about starting my new "teaching" position, about opening a Spanish bank account and applying for a "permiso de estancia" once I arrive in Granada... I don't know, just everything's making me a little nervous as the day of my flights gets closer. (Not to mention the fact that I HATE flying!) Thankfully, my excitement still outweighs my nerves at this point and I have a feeling that it'll stay that way. I've already made up my mind that on my first full day back in Granada, September 20th, I'm just going to walk around the city, taking in all the familiar sights, sounds and smells and enjoying them to the fullest... plus: tapas! I want lots and lots of tapas :) And tinto de verano... and tostada con tomate... and cola cao... and chocolate con churros... and ... well, you all get the idea. I've got a lot of eating and drinking ahead of me, it seems :)
¡Hasta luegito!
No comments:
Post a Comment