Un limonero en Granada.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

¡Después de mucha lluvia, ha vuelto el sol a Graná!

The sun has returned to southern Spain and it finally feels like spring (or rather, I should say "summer") again here in Granada! Beginning on the Thursday of Semana Santa, we had nothing but rainy, cloudy and chilly days for two weeks straight. How depressing, especially after such a warm and sunny start to April! After only the first three days of walking around with soaking wet shoes (thanks to the hundreds of puddles that took over the streets and sidewalks alike) and battling the other pedestrians for sidewalk space (as we all tried to maneuver the same small space with umbrellas and heavy coats), I was already sick of the rain and found myself with a slight cold. However, I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better and that since Saturday afternoon, it's been hot and sunny again!

The better weather couldn't have come at a better time because tomorrow, my dad and brother Joey arrive! I'll be waiting for them tomorrow morning in the airport as their plane is set to land in Granada at 9:10am. I can't wait to see them- it's crazy to think that eight months have passed since the last time we were together! I have a few things planned for their week-long visit (including a visit to the Alhambra on Friday afternoon, a weekend trip to Málaga, and a visit to my school on Monday morning) but for the most part, I am looking forward to just relaxing around Granada with my dad and brother. I'm fairly positive that lots of tapas are going to be on the agenda, so I'll just make sure to balance out all the eating with lots of walking around the city! My dad's been to Granada before (he came during Semana Santa in 2009) but it's Joey's first time ever in Spain and I'm excited to show him around my favorite place! I know that we're going to have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Granada es una ciudad maravillosa! tengo yo tan buenos recuerdos de mi estancia alli..
    Acabo de descubrir tu blog y me ha encantado! te sigo!!
    Te invito a que te pases por el mio y si te gusta me sigas!
    Besos enormes guapa!
    http://ilmiopiccolocapricciobyfabiola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias, fabiola! :) seguiré tu blog, por supuesto!

    ReplyDelete