Here are some photos from my long-weekend in Madrid! (Before you look at this entry, be sure to read the one just before it!)
Day 1: Madrid
 |
| It's the end of October and fall has finally arrived in Spain! Entering the Parque del Retiro in Madrid. |
 |
| The beautiful Palacio de Crystal (located within the Parque del Retiro). |
 |
| John, Anais and me inside the Palacio de Crystal. |
 |
| A monument to the side of the pond. |
 |
| The pond in the Parque del Retiro. |
 |
| Plaza Mayor. |
 |
| Shopping and strolling along Gran Vía. |
Day 2: El Escorial
 |
| Trying to stay dry before touring El Escorial. |
 |
| Me, John, Anais and Enrique after our guided tour ended. |
 |
| John, me and Anais before heading to the library. |
Day 2: Ávila
 |
| Me, Anais, Enrique and John beside Ávila's medieval wall. |
 |
| A looming tower. |
 |
| Are we in Ireland or Spain? I'm not sure! |
 |
| Coffee and a snack- about to eat Ávila's famous dessert, the yemas de Santa Teresa! |
Day 3: Segovia
 |
| Approaching Segovia's Roman aqueduct, dating back to the 1st and 2nd centuries AD. |
 |
| View of the city looking through the arches of the aqueduct. |
 |
| Segovia Cathedral. |
 |
| Sisterly love in front of the Alcázar of Segovia (Segovia Castle). |
Day 3: Pedraza
 |
| Walking along the medieval streets in Pedraza. |
 |
| Anais and Enrique. |
 |
| John, me and Fernando in Pedraza's Plaza Mayor. |
Day 4: Madrid
 |
| Strolling along the Paseo del Prado. |
 |
| John and Anais at the Museo del Prado. |
 |
| The National Library of Spain. |
 |
| Me standing in front of Real Madrid's home stadium. |
Alright, I'm off to tutor and then later I've got some things to finish up for school and tutoring next week. Plans for this weekend are semi-up-in-the-air at the moment, but I know for sure that tomorrow John and I along with some of the others in GRIIS are traveling to Guadix, Spain to spend the night in a cave hotel... I'm excited! I'll post more about Guadix in my next entry.
Hope you enjoyed all the photos... bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment